DO YOUR OWN THING
Our very own Westmorland walking guide experts have provided us with some amazing walks in this area. So...if you want to head off and 'do your own thing' you can access the walks below for free from 23rd July. You can print them out or follow them in the Walkingworld app. Below is a quick guide to accessing these walks:
1. Join Walkingworld at www.walkingworld.com. It's free to join.
2. Find the app on the Google or Apple app store by searching for Walkingworld (all one word).
3. Sign into the app with your Walkingworld login details.
4. Use the search to find walks near Kirkby Stephen
5. Choose one of the walks listed below and click the button to 'View full details'
If you decide you would like to subscribe to Walkingworld to access all 7000+ walks in their library use the voucher code KIRKBYS to get £2.50 off the normal £18 subscription price.
Happy trekking...happy feet!
A short but great family trail of 3.1 miles with an add on i-spy sheet for family fun. If you just fancy a mooch or want to get the kids interested, this ticks both boxes.
A little more testing at 5.9 miles. This walk encompasses the John Strutt Foundation land and follows the old railway line out from Kirkby Stephen up onto the high ground and lime stone escarpment before descending back.
This 'Walk On the Clouds' is an amazing route and comes with background information on flora, fauna and history in a PDF. Only 3.7 miles but the scenery is outstanding as it follows limestone crags and pavements.
WILD BOAR FELL
This is a magic hill and strikes a fantastic silhouette in the skyline. An adventurous 6.2 miles but definitely worth the explore. This one is a little trickier to park but you can normally find a spot along the road.